Friday, June 21, 2013

It's Like Selling Your Children


Ok, so it isn't that dramatic, but do you sometimes feel that way when you sell something you put your heart and soul into? I am slowly listing some original art in my Etsy shop and as I start to list some of them, this debate starts in my head (and heart) about whether or not I really want to sell them because I love them so much. They may not be fine art but they are fun art and they come from my heart. However, I remind myself that if someone buys it, they must really like it too, and it will go to a good home. I'd love for you to come over and take a peek when you have time. The one pictured above is one of my favorites, so I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell. ;)

I don't have this one (below) listed yet, but it will be up over the weekend. I used the little ironstone piece as the model for my painting. The blue roses aren't realistic but I love the color!



Here's another one I really like, although it's darker, I love the colors:



This tall painting of yellow roses was the last one I painted for the Lavender Festival and was one of the first ones to sell. I loved it as well but was happy to hear it was going to decorate a young lady's new apartment.


If you want to read about the goings on behind the scenes, come over to my facebook page. I think I scared a few folks away yesterday when I posted pics of the snake that was peering in the living room window. Oh, well... I do live in the country. :)

Happy Friday, Happy Summer, and Happy Longest Day of the Year! :)
Lana

9 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings. It is hard to part with something you've created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorrie! Yes, it is hard to do that sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes I do feel that way sometimes, well most of the time. I still have paintings from years and years ago, I just can't let go of. I'm offering prints tho. My ponies I painted last year for my first show are still not for sale (the originals anyway). It's hard but I do get a real sense of pride when I know someone loves it enough to purchase it and treasure it like I do. So I feel ya.
    Happy First day of summer
    CheyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paintings and new blog as well. I do so like the darker one especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your work so much, and it's interesting
    that you visited my place today. tomorow we
    leave for our little cabin in the big woods . . .
    where four of your paintings live! happily,
    i might add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, I'm so glad to hear you are still enjoying them. Have a wonderful time at your cabin!

      Delete
  5. Your art is so beautiful and would look pretty with any decor! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
Take care & God bless,
Lana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...