Thursday, April 3, 2014

I'm Thinking Lavender...



I've been thinking about the Lavender Festival that's coming up in June and think  I may do some lavender paintings. I had a painting from last year that really needed help... a lot of help, so I covered it with shades of aqua and put it aside. Then when I was thinking about lavender, I thought I'd try one of those scenes you see from France.... hills in the distance and rows and rows of lavender. This one's just a practice piece. I already see plenty of things I want to change.



It's not that great, but it gave me ideas of how I how I want to do the series of lavender paintings for the festival. Next one I try, I'll go with a dark background and add color, leaving darker outlines like I did in these paintings:

{nope, that's not me... it's my lovely daughter, Jessica!}




Now that I'm talking more about it... I may do some lavender linocuts and have several prints and note cards available! I'd better go make a list... I'm thinking of even more! :)

Have a blessed day!
Lana

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
Take care & God bless,
Lana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...